Macroalgae or seaweed are dominating rocky coastlines globally. Even here in Greenland, we can see small kelp such as the ..
Photography contest for all in Greenland!
Science surrounds us and forms our lives, yet we all have a tendency of taking it for granted. It’s important to acknowledge the role that past and current scientific advances have played in our well-being, our culture, and our ways of living. With this competition, we challenge people to show a connection between an image and a scientific phenomenon to increase the awareness of the science around us. We are looking forwards to seeing your photos and texts!
- To participate, send a digital photograph, taken in Greenland, with a short text (in Greenlandic, Danish, or English, 1-3 sentences) describing the image and how it relates to the theme ‘’science around me’’. Send your photo and text to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your age, and your city/town of residence.
- The contest is open to anyone living in Greenland.
- One photograph per participant is allowed.
- You can register until 30 April 2022.
- The judging criteria are: relevance to the theme, visual aspect, emotional value, and originality.
- There are 4 categories: kids <12, junior 12-18, senior 18-60, elders >60.
- The 5 best photographs/texts in each category will receive gift certificates from Pisiffik (value between 250 and 750 kr.)
- All winning photographs/texts will be shown at a temporary exhibition at the Nuuk Local Museum, and thereafter in a public space (school, café, etc.) in the city or town of the winner.